Re: [bug fix] multibyte messages are displayed incorrectly on the client

От MauMau
Тема Re: [bug fix] multibyte messages are displayed incorrectly on the client
Дата
Re: [bug fix] multibyte messages are displayed incorrectly on the client  (Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
From: "Bruce Momjian" <bruce@momjian.us>
> On Sun, Jan  5, 2014 at 04:40:17PM +0900, MauMau wrote:
>> Then, as a happy medium, how about disabling message localization
>> only if the client encoding differs from the server one?  That is,
>> compare the client_encoding value in the startup packet with the
>> result of GetPlatformEncoding().  If they don't match, call
>> disable_message_localization().
>
> I think the problem is we don't know the client and server encodings
> at that time.

I suppose we know (or at least believe) those encodings during backend
startup:

* client encoding - the client_encoding parameter passed in the startup
packet, or if that's not present, client_encoding GUC value.

* server encoding - the encoding of strings gettext() returns.  That is what
GetPlatformEncoding() returns.

Am I correct?

Regards
MauMau