Re: LLVM / clang

От Florian Pflug
Тема Re: LLVM / clang
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Jun 8, 2010, at 12:12 , P. Caillaud wrote:
> I'd like to experiment on compiling postgres with LLVM (either llvm-gcc or clang) on Linux, is it supported ? Where
shouldI start ?

Setting the environment variables CC and perhabs LD to your favorite compile before running ./configure should do the
trick.If the compilation succeeds, should should probably try to run the regression tests with "make check".

The most heavily platform dependent part of the code is the spinlock implementation. You might want to check that it
actuallyuses the version optimized for your platform, not the (much slower) generic implementation based on semaphores.

BTW, last time I tried compiling with clang basically worked on OSX, despite triggering a helluva lot of warnings.

best regards,
Florian Pflug