Re: Run "postgresql\9.0\data" on a RAID-1 disk on my Local Area Network (LAN)

От Sachin Srivastava
Тема Re: Run "postgresql\9.0\data" on a RAID-1 disk on my Local Area Network (LAN)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,
On Nov 7, 2010, at 1:22 PM, Anders Söderman wrote:

Hello – I´m trying to install PostgreSQL and PostGIS ”asking” PostgreSQL to store data on my new Netgear NAS Duo LAN-disk in a Windows XP sp2  environment.

In the Setup Wizard I accept C:\Program\PostgreSQL\9.0

and I change C:\Program\PostgreSQL\9.0\data to either  //R1/aa_db/PostgreSQL\9.0\data or P:\PostgreSQL\9.0\data where   P:\  =  //R1/aa_db/   on the computer from which I´m installing Postgresql.

R1 is the name of the Netgear disk och aa_db the Share/folder I want to store the PostgreSQL data in.

I have tried every possible combination I can think of. Sometimes the installation seems to work, but in pgAdmin “Connected?” says “No”. If I try to install PostGIS afterwards I crashes during the EnterpriseDB Stackbuilder installation.
After several hours I can´t find any useful information in the manual or on the FORUMs.
If anybody could give me a hint where I should look I would be so happy. Regards Anders Söderman Stockholm Sweden

What exactly is the error message you get while installing PostgreSQL? Can you attach the installation log (%TEMP%\install-postgresql.log) or (%TEMP%\bitrock_installer_<some number>.log).

--
Regards,
Sachin Srivastava