Re: Learning curves and such (was Re: pgFoundry)

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: Learning curves and such (was Re: pgFoundry)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On May 20, 2005, at 11:43 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>
>> Actually, when BZ sends you mail, it's acting on choices that you
>> have made,
>> or someone at RedHat has made for you. You have a lot of control
>> over what
>> it sends. You want all the email? Tell BZ and you should get it.
>> By contrast
>> with these fine-grained controls, a mailing list offers you one
>> choice:
>> subscribe or don't.
>>

> Right, if you classify the information coming in, you can set controls
> over who sees it.  What we don't do now is any kind of classification.

This may be a bit off-the-wall, but I recall Joel Spolsky recently
writing about using Bayesian filtering to classify mail into groups
other than spam/ham. I wonder if there's any use for something like
that in this case.

http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/FogBugzII.html

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com