Re: Creating A Tablespace in PostgreSQL 8.0 for Windows

От Van Ingen, Lane
Тема Re: Creating A Tablespace in PostgreSQL 8.0 for Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
No need to respond, I found my problem. Thanks!

    -----Original Message-----
    From: pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org on behalf of Van Ingen, Lane
    Sent: Fri 1/28/2005 11:50 AM
    To: pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
    Subject: [NOVICE] Creating A Tablespace in PostgreSQL 8.0 for Windows

    I have created a database definition (adns); now I want to create a tablespace for its data to
    reside in in directory c:\ADNS. For some reason, I can't get it to work. The directory does exist
    (in Windows 2003). Tried setting up the tablespace first, then the database; that didn't work
    either. What am I doing wrong? I am doing this in 'psql'.

    Once the tablespace does set up, will I also be able to see it in Windows Explorer as a file
    under c:\ADNS ??

    mydb=# create database adns with owner = postgres;
    CREATE DATABASE
    mydb=# \l+
                          List of databases
       Name    |  Owner   | Encoding  |        Description
    -----------+----------+-----------+---------------------------
     adns      | postgres | SQL_ASCII |
     mydb      | postgres | SQL_ASCII |
     template0 | postgres | SQL_ASCII |
     template1 | postgres | SQL_ASCII | Default template database
    (4 rows)
    mydb-# \db data1
       List of tablespaces
     Name | Owner | Location
    ------+-------+----------
    (0 rows)
    mydb-# \c adns
    Password:
    You are now connected to database "adns".
    adns-# create tablespace data1 location 'c:/ADNS'
    adns-# \db data1+
       List of tablespaces
     Name | Owner | Location
    ------+-------+----------
    (0 rows)
    adns-# \db+
                     List of tablespaces
        Name    |  Owner   | Location | Access privileges
     pg_default | postgres |          |
     pg_global  | postgres |          |
    (2 rows)
    adns-#