Re: Can anyone explain this pgbench results?

От Joost Kraaijeveld
Тема Re: Can anyone explain this pgbench results?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Jim C. Nasby wrote:

> Speaking of 'disks', what's your exact layout? Do you have a 5 drive
> raid5 for the OS and the database, 1 drive for swap and 1 drive for
> pg_xlog?

On a Sil SATA 3114 controller:
/dev/sda OS + Swap
/dev/sdb /var with pg_xlog

On the 3Ware 9500S-8, 5 disk array:
/dev/sdc with the database (and very safe, my MP3 collection ;-))

As I wrote in one of my posts to Michael, I suspect that the card is not handling the amount of write operations as
wellas I expected. I wonder if anyone else sees the same characteristics with this kind of card.

Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14