Re: SELECT issue with references to different tables

От Alexander Reichstadt
Тема Re: SELECT issue with references to different tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Misa,

I have such a construct with kind of an auxiliary table that is only there to keep the current status. I made good
experienceswith it and the overhead of maintaining an additional table for a current status alongside a table for
trackinga historical buildup is negligable and works pretty well. In this other case however I also need to do some
calculationsand derive amounts of items in stock, prices and so forth. It was rather a gut feeling to have this
dual-tablething in said use case. But in this current scenario it seemed I simply lacked SQL practice to achieve this.
Yourone-shot query works perfectly, your speaking naming convention is self-explaanatory in its transparence.

Thank you, and also thank you to all others who responded.

Alex