Re: archive status ".ready" files may be created too early

От Bossart, Nathan
Тема Re: archive status ".ready" files may be created too early
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 8/4/21, 9:05 PM, "Kyotaro Horiguchi" <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:
> By the way about the v3 patch,
>
> +#define InvalidXLogSegNo       ((XLogSegNo) 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)
>
> Like InvalidXLogRecPtr, the first valid segment number is 1 so we can
> use 0 as InvalidXLogSegNo.

It's been a while since I wrote this, but if I remember correctly, the
issue with using 0 is that we could end up initializing
lastNotifiedSeg to InvalidXLogSegNo in XLogWrite().  Eventually, we'd
initialize it to 1, but we will have skipped creating the .ready file
for the first segment.

Nathan