Re: [GENERAL] relation create time

От Hu, Patricia
Тема Re: [GENERAL] relation create time
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks for your prompt reply Peter.

Sure I could write a trigger to capture and store it, but for such common functionalities seems to me it would be best
tohave it in the engine, vs. each application having to write its own trigger and reinvent the wheel.

Is there any concerns on adding it as a feature, or is it just backlog? Has a feature request been filed for this?

Thanks,
Patricia

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Eisentraut [mailto:peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 12:32 PM
To: Hu, Patricia; pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [GENERAL] relation create time

On 5/10/17 12:05, Hu, Patricia wrote:
> I am trying to find out when a table was created in postgresql.
> Thought it would be easy (coming from Oracle world), but haven't had
> any luck, especially since we are on RDS and can't peek at the
> timestamp on the file system. Is this information stored anywhere in the catalog?

It is not.

> Or I
> need to store it myself? Is there any plan to add such meta data
> information to the catalog as a feature? Thanks a lot!

You could write an event trigger to record it.

Confidentiality Notice::  This email, including attachments, may include non-public, proprietary, confidential or
legallyprivileged information.  If you are not an intended recipient or an authorized agent of an intended recipient,
youare hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of the information contained in or transmitted
withthis e-mail is unauthorized and strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error, please notify the
senderby replying to this message and permanently delete this e-mail, its attachments, and any copies of it
immediately. You should not retain, copy or use this e-mail or any attachment for any purpose, nor disclose all or any
partof the contents to any other person. Thank you.