Re: Email Verfication Regular Expression

От Welty, Richard
Тема Re: Email Verfication Regular Expression
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
>Absolutely not.  It rejects <fred&barney@stonehenge.com> which is a perfectly
>valid email address.  (Try it, you'll get my autoresponder.)

>Google for "RFC 822" and "RFC 2822" to see the *real* rules.  An
>actual regex for an email address is rather large.

there's an extended example in appendix b of _Mastering Regular Expressions_
from O'Reilly.

the appendix suggests the regex may be available online at jeffery friedl's
home page. here's the url, but i've not gone excavating for the regex.

http://dict.regex.info/cgi-bin/j-e/jfriedl.html

richard