Re: Using COALESCE nside function

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: Using COALESCE nside function
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jul 23, 2007, at 12:58 , Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:

> Is it possible to use COALESCE function inside a function as a cursor
> variable?
>
> test cursor (myvar varchar) for
>           (coalesce(SELECT...<snip>,0));
>
> I get a syntax error when trying this...ERROR:  syntax error at or
> near
> "COALESCE"...is there a way to do this?

I don't know if there's a way to handle this using COALESCE, but
could you do it using something like

SELECT INTO cursor_pos -- rest of query
IF NOT FOUND THEN cursor_pos := 0; END IF;

Note I haven't used cursors before, and I'm assuming you're using PL/
pgSQL.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net