Re: Packt's PostgreSQL 9 Administration Cookbook: LITE Editions?

От Steve Atkins
Тема Re: Packt's PostgreSQL 9 Administration Cookbook: LITE Editions?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jul 5, 2012, at 2:09 PM, James Hartley wrote:

> By scouring the table of contents, it appears that these "newer" LITE
> editions are subsets of the older volume.  It does not appear that there is
> any new material in these newer offerings.
>
> I am *very* much a fan of Simon Riggs' 2010 work (along with Greg Smith's
> PostgreSQL 9.0 High Performance also published by Packt...).  If there is
> new material in these LITE editions, I will be happy to purchase them, but
> upon first glance on what information Amazon provides, these LITE editions
> don't appear to contain anything new.  Can anyone here confirm?

The publishers page on their LITE books - http://www.packtpub.com/lite-editions - seems to confirm that they're just
subsetsof the full book.

Cheers,
  Steve

От: beamsplitter@gmail.com
Сообщение: Server writing short WAL files
От: Steven Schlansker
Сообщение: Suboptimal query plan fixed by replacing OR with UNION