Re: question

От Pat Francis-Lyon
Тема Re: question
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi Erwin,

This is from the java docs:
"NOTE: Code that uses API marked "Since 1.2" must be run using a JDBC
technology driver that implements the JDBC 2.0 core API. Check your driver
documentation to be sure that it implements the particular features you want
to use."

As Statement.getResultSetConcurrency() is marked "Since 1.2", could this be
your problem?

Good luck,
Pat

-----Original Message-----
From: Erwin Dwight V. Ruiz [mailto:eruiz@asti.dost.gov.ph]
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2002 1:29 AM
To: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Subject: [JDBC] question

hello, i'm new to JDBC and i was trying to follow the instructions
on how to configure the postgresql jdbc driver on java. i'm using
j2sdk1.4.0 and i'm using j2re1.4.0. i was testing the connectivity of Java
to my Postgresql Server and it was able to connect successfully. The
problem is when I try to add the SQL statement below
       Statement st = con.createStatement();
       ResultSet rs = st.executeQuery("SELECT empno FROM personal ");
it generates this error:
     java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
java/sql/Statement.getResultSetConcurrency()I
        at org.postgresql.jdbc2.Connection.getResultSet(Connection.java:216)
        at org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.execute(QueryExecutor.java:121)
        at org.postgresql.Connection.ExecSQL(Connection.java:398)
        at org.postgresql.jdbc2.Statement.execute(Statement.java:130)
        at org.postgresql.jdbc2.Statement.executeQuery(Statement.java:54)
        at PGTest.main(PGTest.java:22)
 can you please tell me what could have been wrong. any help
 would be greatly appreciated.

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster