library path compile/link problem on Solaris

От Madere, Colin
Тема library path compile/link problem on Solaris
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name        :    Colin Madere
Your email address    :    colin.madere@ieminc.com

System Configuration
---------------------
  Architecture (example: Intel Pentium)      : Intel Pentium

  Operating System (example: Linux 2.0.26 ELF)     : Solaris 7

  PostgreSQL version (example: PostgreSQL-7.2.3):   PostgreSQL-7.2.3

  Compiler used (example:  gcc 2.95.2)        : gcc 3.2

After compilation the initdb/postmaster and/or the createdb command will get
the following error:

ld.so.1: bin/psql: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such file or
directory

Please describe a way to repeat the problem.   Please try to provide a

Follow instructions in README/INSTALL on Solaris 7 with gcc 3.2 using csh
running (at least) on an x86 box.

If you know how this problem might be fixed, list the solution below:

After searching around, I found a fix that made this alteration to the
'src/Makefile.port' file:

Replace:

with:

For my particular install I left out the 'ssl' directory since I'm not using
it and 'sasl' because I didn't have it or know what it was.  With this
forced path kludge and setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH all commands seem to
correctly run and I can create and 'log into' a database with psql.

I'm no makefile wizard, but it appears as though the line above in
non-altered version:

must be incorrect since '-rpath' isn't a valid compiler/linker switch as far
as I know.  I tried changing it to "-R$(libdir)" but that did nothing for
me.