Re: extreme memory use when loading in a lot of data

От Vivek Khera
Тема Re: extreme memory use when loading in a lot of data
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>> key constraints are all met.  Thus, when loading the data from the
>> second dump, I am leaving the FK triggers on.
>
> I'd suggest dropping the constraints, adding the data and adding the
> constraint again. If you're using 7.4 the speed will be better for
> checking the constraint, and if the constraint is not satisfied, you'll
> need to remove the offending row and recreate the constraint, but
> that's
> better than having to reimport.

Thanks to Stephan and Tom for the same suggestion.  I'm also glad to
know it is not a leak but just a large amount of memory use.  The load
is still taking a LOOONG time because it is just a lowly IDE disk (but
it is UDMA100)... 96 hours so far and the memory usage is steady.