Re: running postgresql7.3.4 under windows

От Chigurupati, Prasad
Тема Re: running postgresql7.3.4 under windows
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Hi All.
I am trying to install Postgresql7.3.4 under windows using  latest cygwin.
I downloaded and installed the cygwin in to my machine win 2000 under
e:\cygwin folder. I am sure that gcc also comes with cygwin.so it means GCC
also installed under my machine.
after that when i tries to install and configure postgresql7.3.4 i am
getting error msg as
"checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
cannot create executables"
this error msf am getting when i used "./configure --enable-multibyte
--with-CXX --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc
--docdir=/usr/doc/postgresql-$version" command.
since am new to unix/lynx environment am getting confused to where this gcc
will sit under e:\cygwin.I searched this folder. at different locations the
gcc related files were located. so could any body help to where this GCC
will site under home directory of cygwin. and what may be the reason for
above error.  and where to set the path vaiable for this gcc.?
could any body can clear my problem issue..
Thanks in advance..
Rgds,
prasad.Ch