Re: win32 build and test issues

От Claudio Natoli
Тема Re: win32 build and test issues
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32

> The first is the fix I made in configure - on my W2K machine with the
> current MinGW/MSys I was getting the previously reported symlink problem
> every time. With the looping patch (yes I *know* it's ugly, and we have
> to get to the root of the problem, but I wanted to get past it for now)
> it never happened, and builds worked. In any case we should use
> something like the last couple of lines at least, to *show* something
> went wrong. As we have it now we say we are doing something and not
> testing for failure.

FWIW, I agree. I'd rather have a few unfortunate lines in the configure
code, than a few hundred (or more) questions from Win32 users asking why
they can't build.

> The regression tests themselves seem to fail for the most
> part in every configuration I have tried. The problem seems to be mostly
buffering
> issues - error messages appear out of order from what is expected. I
> have not made sure what passes if we ignore that issue.

It is a MingW problem. Appears like there is not much we can do about it.
Refer to http://momjian.postgresql.org/main/writings/pgsql/win32.html for
details on how to test outside of Ming.

Also shows that HEAD passes all but 8 tests. Of those, 7 are due to pre-1970
date issues, and 1 appears to be an unimportant reordering of results. When
the new time code is dropped in, I'm guessing we'll only have that single
join test "failing" (FWIW, with the time code wedged in and a couple of
ORDER BYs on the join test, my source base passes all tests).

Cheers,
Claudio

---
<a