Working on "SELECT * WHERE numeric_col = 2001.2" problem?

От Bob Jones
Тема Working on "SELECT * WHERE numeric_col = 2001.2" problem?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Over the past year I have been using MySQL to serve as the backend for our
WIN32 ODBC client. After reading several articles regarding PostgreSQL, I
decided to give it a try, hoping that by moving our data over to pgsql I
could gain some additional features (primarily COMMIT and ROLLBACK)...
Converting the WIN32 client has gone faily well with the exception of one,
perhaps two problems.

First of all, here's a brief breakdown of the box I'm running the SQL server
on:
i686 Machine
RH Linux 7.0   2.2.16-22
PostgreSQL v7.1.3

There are times where the client makes queries to the server to the effect
of:
"SELECT * FROM cyear WHERE year=2001.5"
but is given an error stating that the '-' operator is unidentified for
numeric and float8 types.

After receiving this error, I checked the doc/TODO file and found that the
deficiency was known...\

Is this an issue that is to be addressed in later (hopefully in the near
future?) revisions of pgsql, or is it a relatively low priority?

This feature is absolutely critical for the functionality of our program, if
a reasonable workaround/fix isn't available I'll have to continue with
MySQL.

Thanks,
Bob