duplicate templates, wrong users

От Yanek Korff
Тема duplicate templates, wrong users
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Well, a while ago I set up postgresql and have been using it for a small
database ever since.  I'm now looking at local authentication and
permissions and a number of questions have come up.  When I run select *
from pg_database, I get this:

     datname      | datdba | encoding | datistemplate | datallowconn |
datlastsysoid | datpath
------------------+--------+----------+---------------+--------------+------
---------+---------
 db1              |     72 |        0 | f             | t            |
18539 |
 template1        |     72 |        0 | t             | t            |
18539 |
 template0        |     72 |        0 | t             | f            |
18539 |
 db2              |     73 |        0 | f             | t            |
18539 |
 db3              |     75 |        0 | f             | t            |
18539 |

(I've replaced the names of the databases with db1, db2, and db3).

here's pg_user:
  usename   | usesysid | usecreatedb | usetrace | usesuper | usecatupd |
passwd  | valuntil
------------+----------+-------------+----------+----------+-----------+----
------+----------
 pgsql      |       72 | t           | t        | t        | t         |
******** |
 os_user    |       71 | t           | f        | t        | t         |
******** |
 user3      |       75 | f           | f        | f        | f         |
******** |
 user1      |       72 | f           | f        | f        | f         |
******** |
 user2      |       73 | f           | f        | f        | f         |
******** |

where user1 should correspond to db1 etc.

When I list my databases, it looks like this:
       List of databases
     Database     |   Owner
------------------+------------
 db2              | user2
 db1              | user1
 db1              | pgsql
 template0        | pgsql
 template0        | user1
 template1        | user1
 template1        | pgsql
 db3              | user3

What's with the duplicate databases?  Why does user1 own TEMPLATES?  Clearly
I have screwed something up.  What's the proper way to fix it?  As I see it,
I should be able to create a user, create a database with that user...
change that user to not be able to create databases, and then lock down the
databases so other users cannot get in.  This is possible, yes?  I cannot
find good documentation on this anywhere.  Any help would be GREATLY
appreciated.

-Yanek.