Re: Remote Access to pgsql DB ???

От John Gray
Тема Re: Remote Access to pgsql DB ???
Дата
Список pgsql-general
In article <3C0CDF34.CC972E7C@ccs-munich.de>, "Fariba Noorbakhsh"
<fNoorbakhsh@tecways.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a question about remote access to Pgsql DB. I acctually want to
> access mydb which located on a Unix server called ORION from another
> Unix server called OMEGA.
>
> According to documentation I have to run postmaster on ORION with -i
> option like:
>
> /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -i -D /usr/local/pgsql/data &
>
>  so I have done that, I also changed pg_hba.conf  on ORION  for  OMEGA
> IP address like:
>
> host         all         172.21.2.41    255.255.255.255     trust
>
> But still I can not run psql mydb from Omega:
>
> psql: connectDBStart() -- connect() failed: Connection refused
>         Is the postmaster running locally
>         and accepting connections on Unix socket '/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432'?

This suggests that psql is trying to connect to a local postmaster. The
-h option to psql tells it which host to connect to. In your case:

psql -h orion mydb

should do what you want.

Regards

John
--
John Gray
Azuli IT    http://www.azuli.co.uk      +44 121 693 3397

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Large tables management question
От: "Johnny Jørgensen"
Сообщение: plpgsql commenting broken?