Re: My brain hurts - update field based on value of another table's field

От missive@frontiernet.net (Lee Harr)
Тема Re: My brain hurts - update field based on value of another table's field
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 24 Sep 2001 11:22:40 -0700, Pat M <pmeloy@removethispart.home.com>:
> Woohoo! I got it. VIEWS! I can pre-do a pile of the work in a view and cut
> down on my scripting complexity a LOT. Instead of duplicating data all the
> time, create a view that includes all the parent record fields that I'd
> usually have to join manually in a script.

Sounds good. I use views like this also (to reduce complexity).

I used to always want to "do it all in one query."

That gets out of hand pretty quickly, but if you can encapsulate
different sections of the query in views...