Re: pg_stat_statements IN problem

От byme@byme.email
Тема Re: pg_stat_statements IN problem
Дата
Re: pg_stat_statements IN problem
Список pgsql-general
Thank you for response. Unfortunately, I have to update one section which I wrote wrong, it should have
been this way:

"This obfuscates our monitoring because the same query with different amount of arguments gets translated into this:
IN ($1, $2)
and so on."

The questions are:
1. Shouldnt IN behave so that the query in pg_stat_statements would look like this:
IN $1
2. Shouldnt there be at least some flag to aggregate such queries into one?
3. Is there any workaround how to aggregate those queries except the "= ANY"?
4. How come no one is bothered by this if this makes pg_stat_statements unusable with lots of queries using IN, what
othersdo with this problem?
5. what do you mean by changing pg_stat_statements with another view/table?

LJ

P.S.: The only serious discussion I was able to find about it was from 2015 here, everyone basically stating that the
improvementwould be useful. https://postgrespro.com/list/thread-id/1880012

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.