Re: calling a shell script from pl/pgsql

От Jeff Barrett
Тема Re: calling a shell script from pl/pgsql
Дата
Re: calling a shell script from pl/pgsql  (Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com>)
Список pgsql-sql
Thanks for the suggestions.

I am running 7.1.2 and going to 7.1.3 soon.

If I use pl/tclu or pl/perlu I can call this executable from within the
code?

I have a signifigant limitation, I cannot duplicate the action of the
programs I want to call in a program I write within postgres, I need to call
the executable (In this one case it is a shell script but I have others
where it is a binary).

I cannot find the pl/sh module. The google links that came up brought me to
pages that no longer exist on postgresql.org. I will have to look around
some more.

Thanks for the advice... great help!

Jeff Barrett

"Jeff Barrett" <jbarrett@familynetwork.com> wrote in message
> How can I call a shell script from within a pl/pgsql function that is
called
> as from a trigger. I do not want to interact with the script I just want
it
> to run. I do want the trigger to wait for the script it called to complete
> before returning a value.
>
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff Barrett

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: calling a shell script from pl/pgsql
Сообщение: Re: calling a shell script from pl/pgsql