Re: minimum hardware for Postgresql Install

От missive@frontiernet.net (Lee Harr)
Тема Re: minimum hardware for Postgresql Install
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 7 Aug 2001 10:08:51 +0000 (UTC), Michael <mwaples@waples.net> wrote:
> Whats the minimum hardware anyone has installed Postgresql on ?
> Someone is thowing out some old pc's and thought I might make use of
> one.

I have a system in production on a 486SX and 24MB RAM (FreeBSD).
More memory is always helpful.

Watch out on FreeBSD if you do get one of these 486s with no FPU.
You will need to recompile the kernel to use the GNU_MATH_EMULATE
as the one in the GENERIC kernel caused postgres to crash.