Re: Are circular REFERENCES possible ?

От William Courtier
Тема Re: Are circular REFERENCES possible ?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
I denis,

I don't know if you can use a circular REFERENCES, but why you try made a
references before the table is created (customers). You should create the
references after and use the foreign key if circular references does not
work.

William
"Denis Bucher" <dbucher@niftycom.com> a �crit dans le message news:
5.1.0.14.0.20010807114609.00a18490@mail.niftycom.com...

> Hello !
>
> I have a case where I wanted to do circular REFERENCES, is this
> impossible ?
>
> Just an example where it would be useful :
>
> We deliver to the *shops* of our *customers*.
> We have therefore two tables :
>   - customers (enterprise, financial information, and so on...)
>   - shop (with a name, street, phone number, name of manager)
>
> Now, each shop REFERENCES a customer so that we know
> to which customer belongs a shop.
>
> AND, each customer has a DEFAULT shop for deliveries, i.e. most
> customers only have one shop, or a main shop and many small ones.
> Therefore a customer should REFERENCES the 'main' or 'default' shop.
>
> Which leads to :
>
> CREATE TABLE shops ( id_shop SERIAL PRIMARY KEY, id_cust integer
REFERENCES