Re: Records exactly the same.

От Fons Rave
Тема Re: Records exactly the same.
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> Well, there isn't an easy answer for you ... because you've designed
> your database wrong.  Records should *never* be the same.  That is, ni
> fact, one of the cardinal rules of Relational Database Design.

Well, I started with "I'm a beginner". But I'm sure there's no reason NOT to
accept two records that are exactly the same. In the example I gave, it is clear
that the information I want to store can contain two records that are exactly
the same; doing the same thing, on the same day, for the same amount of time. In
this case it is the technical structure that doesn't want it like that. So I
have to change it to make it work.

Fons.
fonzzz@xs4all.nl

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: