Large queries - again...

От Steve Howe
Тема Large queries - again...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello all,
       I've tried again sending large queries using libpq on Windows
environment, without success.       I downloaded the PostgreSQL v7.12 sources, compiled libpq.dll using
Microsoft's Visual C++ 6.0, and tried sending a large query.       The problem is, when the query is > 8192 large, a
NULLpointer is

returned from PQexec().       I have tried using ZDE (http://www.zeoslib.org), which I helped
develop, and pgAccess. ZDE is based on the Zeos Database Objects library,
which provides full access to PostgreSQL to Borland Delphi and Borland C++
Builder compilers.       Could anyone please try this query:
ftp://carcass.dhs.org/pub/test.zip on windows (using libpq) and confirm it
suceed ? This archive contains a test.sql source, which will create a dumb
table with a text filed and then try to insert in it a large data (>8192
bytes) on it, and the libpq.dll I just compiled, for who want a fresh libpq
(it's virus free, don't worry... ). All my current PostgreSQL driver
implementation is depending on this. I'm sure the libpq will fail, unless
something very weird is happening in here... :)       Other friends have confirmed this behaviour.       I tried to
lookat the libpq sources to find out where's the error,

but I think it will take much less time to who develops it...

Best Regards,
Steve Howe