Re: storing special characters

От Hugh Mandeville
Тема Re: storing special characters
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> I'm using postgresql 7.1, with suse linux 7.1 on i386.
> I'm programming in python and I'm going to store many, long (approx. 600
> bytes) python-variables in a postgres database. There is a way to convert
> python-variables into string (either binary or text) format to make them
> possible to be stored in files or databases.

if the python-variable strings contain just printable characters (ASCII 32 -
126) you should only need to escape out the single quote (') and blackslash
(\) characters for postgresql.
replace ' with '' and \ with \\.  i don't know about Python but Perl DBI has
a function called quote() used to correctly quote and escape SQL statements.   my $quotedString = $dbh->quote( $string
);

if the python-variable strings contain other special characters you can
escape those characters to slash followed by their 3 digit ASCII octal value
(decimal 10 = \n = \012).
   INSERT INTO foo (varname) VALUES ('var''s name\\!@#$%^&*()_\n\012');

see http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?sql-syntax.html