Re: Server side prepared statements 'bit' parameters generate errors.

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Server side prepared statements 'bit' parameters generate errors.
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
On 10/04/2016 07:35 AM, Johan Levin wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have run into a problem after upgrading from 9.03 to the 9.05.04 ODBC
> driver. Parameters of type 'bit' seem to be interpreted as 'char' in
> some cases when using server side prepared statements.
>
> If I execute the query
>     select * from some_table where ?;
> with a bit parameter then I get an error that reads:
>     ERROR [42804] ERROR: argument of WHERE must be type boolean, not
> type "char";
>
> The error is not reproducible is I set the connection string
> parameter UseServerSidePrepare=0. It also isn't reproducible in version
> 9.03 regardless of the value of UseServerSidePrepare. The problem seems
> to only affect bit parameters. A program that duplicates the problem
> follows at the end of this email. I am using the driver distributed in
> "psqlodbc_09_05_0400-x64.zip" on Windows 10. I have tested PostgreSQL
> version 9.4 and 9.5.
>
> Have I run into a bug in the driver, or is this a server issue? Any help
> would be much appreciated.

Got to believe it is related to:

https://odbc.postgresql.org/docs/release.html
"
psqlODBC 09.05.0100 Release

12. Send datatype information for query parameters, when known
If a query parameter is bound with a specific SQL type, pass on that
information to the server. This makes the behaviour of queries like
"SELECT '555' > ?" more sensible, where the result depends on whether
the query parameter is interpreted as an integer or a string.

"

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com