Re: Weird test mixup

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Weird test mixup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 15/03/2024 16:00, Tom Lane wrote:
> Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> writes:
>> On 15/03/2024 13:09, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>>> I committed a patch to do that, to put out the fire.
>
>> That's turning the buildfarm quite red. Many, but not all animals are
>> failing like this:
>
> It may be even worse than it appears from the buildfarm status page.
> My animals were stuck in infinite loops that required a manual "kill"
> to get out of, and it's reasonable to assume there are others that
> will require owner intervention.  Why would this test have done that,
> if the module failed to load?

The gin_incomplete_split test inserts rows until it hits the injection
point, at page split. There is a backstop, it should give up after 10000
iterations, but that was broken. Fixed that, thanks for the report!

Hmm, don't we have any timeout that would kill tests if they get stuck?

--
Heikki Linnakangas
Neon (https://neon.tech)