Re: [HACKERS] merging some features from plpgsql2 project

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: [HACKERS] merging some features from plpgsql2 project
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/9/17 6:07 PM, Marko Tiikkaja wrote:
>     One use case is NEW and OLD in triggers. Checking to see if one or
>     the other is set is easier than checking TG_OP. It's also going to
>     be faster (probably MUCH faster; IIRC the comparison currently
>     happens via SPI).
>

> This sounds useless.

I guess you've not written much non-trivial trigger code then... the
amount of code duplication you end up with is quite ridiculous. It's
also a good example of why treating this as an exception and trapping
isn't a good solution either: you can already do that with triggers today.

Being able to check the existence of a variable is a very common idiom
in other languages, so I'm don't see why plpgsql shouldn't have it.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)