Re: pgsql: psql: Add test for query canceling

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: pgsql: psql: Add test for query canceling
Дата
Re: pgsql: psql: Add test for query canceling  (Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se>)
Список pgsql-committers
On 20.08.21 20:47, Tom Lane wrote:
> I think you should drop the overly-cute bit with a SIGALRM handler,
> and instead have a loop-with-delay around an attempt to read the
> psql.pid file, after launching the psql run without an immediate
> wait for termination.  That gets rid of the first problem (though
> you still want the loop to timeout eventually, it could wait up
> to say 180 seconds, as we do elsewhere).  Then the second problem
> is easy to solve by making the pg_sleep delay twice as much.

Here is a proposal.  It waits separately for the pid file to appear and
also checks for the sleep query to be registered by the backend, so it
doesn't have any more dependencies on things happening "fast enough".
And it's also faster in the normal case now.  Thoughts?

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: pgsql: psql: Add test for query canceling
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: psql: Add test for query canceling