Re: Reconcile stats in find_tabstat_entry() and get rid of PgStat_BackendFunctionEntry

От Drouvot, Bertrand
Тема Re: Reconcile stats in find_tabstat_entry() and get rid of PgStat_BackendFunctionEntry
Дата
Re: Reconcile stats in find_tabstat_entry() and get rid of PgStat_BackendFunctionEntry  (Melanie Plageman <melanieplageman@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 3/20/23 12:43 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> At the
> end, documenting both still sounds like the best move to me.

Agree.

Please find attached v1-0001-pg_stat_get_xact_blocks_fetched-and_hit-doc.patch doing so.

I did not put the exact same wording as the one being removed in ddfc2d9, as:

- For pg_stat_get_xact_blocks_hit(), I think it's better to be closer to say the
pg_statio_all_tables.heap_blks_hit definition.

- For pg_stat_get_xact_blocks_fetched(), I think that using "buffer" is better (than block) as at the
end it's related to pgstat_count_buffer_read().

At the end there is a choice to be made for both for the wording between block and buffer. Indeed their
counters get incremented in "buffer" macros while retrieved in those "blocks" functions.

"Buffer" sounds more appropriate to me, so the attached has been done that way.

Regards,

--
Bertrand Drouvot
PostgreSQL Contributors Team