Re: Which gives good performance? separate database vs separate schema

От tv@fuzzy.cz
Тема Re: Which gives good performance? separate database vs separate schema
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> On Thursday 25 November 2010 13:02:08 tv@fuzzy.cz wrote:
>> I don't think you'll get performance improvement from running two
>> PostgreSQL clusters (one for DB1, one for DB2). And when running two
>> databases within the same cluster, there's no measurable performance
>> difference AFAIK.
> That one is definitely not true in many circumstances. As soon as you
> start to
> hit contention (shared memory, locks) you may very well be better of with
> two
> separate clusters.
>
> Andres

Good point, I forgot about that. Anyway it's hard to predict what kind of
performance issue he's facing and whether two clusters would fix it.

regards
Tomas

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Which gives good performance? separate database vs separate schema
От: Ivan Voras
Сообщение: Re: Performance under contention