Re: Help with remote connection to remote Postgresql 8.3 Server...

От hobbes
Тема Re: Help with remote connection to remote Postgresql 8.3 Server...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On May 29, 5:17 am, hobbes <calvin.ch...@od-eon.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I have been trying to get my local (windows) machine's PgAdmin II to
> connect directly to a remote Linux (Debian) Server where Postgresql
> 8.3 is installed.
>
> I have set in my postgresql.conf (remote):
>
> listen_addresses = '*'                  # what IP address(es) to listen on;
>                                         # comma-separated list of addresses;
>                                         # defaults to 'localhost', '*' = all
>                                         # (change requires restart)
> port = 5432                             # (change requires restart)
> max_connections = 100                   # (change requires restart)
>
> and set in my pg_hba.conf (remote):
>
> # TYPE          DATABASE        USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD
> # "local" is for Unix domain socket connections only
> local           all             postgres                                trust
> local           all             all                                     md5
>
> # IPv4 local connections:
> host            all             all             0.0.0.0/0     md5
> hostssl all             all             0.0.0.0/0       md5
>
> # IPv6 local connections:
> host            all             all             ::1/128                 md5
>
> But I am still unable to connect to the server using the "postgres"
> user.
> Could some one enlighten me what I could be doing wrongly?
>
> Thanks...

It was a firewall issue. Using iptables to unblock it worked.

Thanks!

От: Klint Gore
Сообщение: Re: small table, huge table, and a join = slow and tough query. cake inside!
Сообщение: Re: small table, huge table, and a join = slow and tough query. cake inside!