Re: Help trying to write my first plpgsql function...

От hubert depesz lubaczewski
Тема Re: Help trying to write my first plpgsql function...
Дата
Re: Help trying to write my first plpgsql function...  (Bjørn T Johansen <btj@havleik.no>)
Список pgsql-general
On 9/15/05, Bjørn T Johansen <btj@havleik.no> wrote:
Yes, I did and I found an answer... :)

you did what? read the docs?

But I am trying to use this function in a report designer and the result from the
select is in the way of the real data from the fetch... Is there a way around this?

and?
as i said: define the function as setof something.
for example (i'm wrinting without testnig, so there might be small mistakes)

create type srf_type_1 ( field1 int4, field2 text);

create or replace function test () returns setof srf_type_1 as
$BODY$
declare
temprec srf_type_1%ROWTYPE;
begin
for temprec in select id as field1, username as field2 from users where is_active = true loop
return next temprec;
end loop;
return;
end;