Re: Help trying to write my first plpgsql function...

От hubert depesz lubaczewski
Тема Re: Help trying to write my first plpgsql function...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 9/15/05, Bjørn T Johansen <btj@havleik.no> wrote:
But this function does not do what I need it to do... I want x rows returned, but
instead I just get a stringname...
Either how do I use this name or how do I return x rows?

for refcursors - just use returned name in subsequent "FETCH FROM <this_name>";

for set returning functions you have to declare them as "returns set of SOMETHING"
and then use return next SOMETHING;
insetead of return.

read the docs - it's quite good reading.

depesz