Re: Disable autovacuum guc?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Disable autovacuum guc?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/20/2016 08:54 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 10/20/2016 06:34 AM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> On 10/19/2016 07:22 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
>>> On 10/19/2016 06:27 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>> Hrm, true although that is by far a minority of our users. What if we
>> made it so we disabled the autovacuum guc but made it so you could
>> disable autovacuum per database (ALTER DATABASE SET or something such
>> thing?).
>
> Well, that wouldn't fix the problem; people would just disable it per
> database, even if it was a bad idea.

I doubt this very much. It requires a different level of sophistication.

General users (not you, not me, and certainly not Haas or Lane) don't
run anything but an application backed to an ORM. They understand a conf
file but they aren't going to touch anything they consider
"underneath".

Sincerely,

JD

--