Re: fatal ERROR running simple join query...

От Ligia Pimentel
Тема Re: fatal ERROR running simple join query...
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
It didn't work. I checked the tables (both) and found nothing wrong.
Finally I received an e-mail from Tom Lane suggesting that I upgraded to
Postgres 7.1, wich I did. After the upgrade, everything worked just fine.
Thank you.

Ligia
"Mart�n Marqu�s" <martin@bugs.unl.edu.ar> wrote in message
> Quoting Ligia Pimentel <lmpimentel@yahoo.com>:
>

> > I have a problem with postgres, I'm running a query that joins two
tables,
> > one with 129000+ records, and the other with 1172 records, it's a very
> > simple join.  But postgres can't handle it!!! (Both tables have an index
on
> > the  field "cuentacb").
> >
> > I get the following error after 3 minutes...
> >
> > migracion=# select * from cuentasequivalentes, equiv11mayo m
> > migracion-# where cuentasequivalentes.cuentacb = m.cuentacb
> > migracion-# and cuentasequivalentes.cuentabr <> m.cuentabr;
> > FATAL 1:  Memory exhausted in AllocSetAlloc()
> > pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
> >         This probably means the backend terminated abnormally
> >         before or while processing the request.
> > The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: Succeeded.
>
> First you should run VACUUM analyze on that database, or at least on those
2
> tables. Check with EXPLAIN to see how much better the queries get after
the
> analyze.
>
> > What can I do? I'm guessing that I could change a configuration
parameter
> > or
> > something like that, but I don't know.
>
> There are so many parameters to change, that I have to tell you to go and
see
> the "PostgreSQL 7.1 Administrator's Guide".
>
> Saludos... :-)
>
> --
> El mejor sistema operativo es aquel que te da de comer.
> Cuida tu dieta.
> Martin Marques                  |        mmarques@unl.edu.ar
> Programador, Administrador      |       Centro de Telematica
>                        Universidad Nacional
>                             del Litoral

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: