Re: Rethinking TupleTableSlot deforming

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Rethinking TupleTableSlot deforming
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 7/22/16 1:58 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2016-07-22 13:51:31 -0500, Jim Nasby wrote:
>> Another option would be to remember the
>> tuple offsets (NOT attcacheoff) that have
>> been computed as well as whether a
>> varlena attribute has actually been
>> deformed. That eliminates the need to
>> pre-declare what attributes you're
>> allowed to reference.
>
> That'd make access more expensive, so that doesn't seem a very enticing
> solution.

Yeah, it's certainly a tradeoff. The advantage is this might be less
invasive; it might also work in more cases like heap_deform_tuple (which
I think is used a lot more than table slots).

It's certainly possible it's not worth it, but I wanted to put the idea
out there.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)   mobile: 512-569-9461