Re: WAL being written during SELECT * query

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: WAL being written during SELECT * query
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 04/04/17 16:46, Tom DalPozzo wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a very big table (10GB).
> I noticed that many WAL segments are being written when elaborating read
> only transactions like this:
> select * from dati25600000000 where id >43000000 limit 1000000;
> I don't understand why are there WAL writings during read only transactions.

As far as I know (and I could be wrong), WAL segments reflect activity
in the entire cluster, not just one table - so perhaps there is write
activity happening in other tables, or in other databases.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie