Re: PG vs ElasticSearch for Logs

От Thomas Güttler
Тема Re: PG vs ElasticSearch for Logs
Дата
Re: PG vs ElasticSearch for Logs  (Rafal Pietrak <rafal@ztk-rp.eu>)
Re: PG vs ElasticSearch for Logs  (Chris Mair <chris@1006.org>)
Список pgsql-general

Am 19.08.2016 um 09:42 schrieb John R Pierce:
> On 8/19/2016 12:32 AM, Thomas Güttler wrote:
>> What do you think?
>
> I store most of my logs in flat textfiles syslog style, and use grep for adhoc querying.
>
>  200K rows/day, thats 1.4 million/week, 6 million/month, pretty soon you're talking big tables.
>
> in fact thats several rows/second on a 24/7 basis

There is no need to store them more then 6 weeks in my current use case.

I think indexing in postgres is much faster than grep.

And queries including json data are not possible with grep (or at least very hard to type)

My concern is which DB (or indexing) to use ...

Regards,
  Thomas

--
Thomas Guettler http://www.thomas-guettler.de/