Re: Sample configuration files

От Vik Fearing
Тема Re: Sample configuration files
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09/29/2016 05:55 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 2:25 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> So, anyone else have an opinion, pro or con?
>
> Going through this thread, I'd vote -1. This is a documentation effort
> mainly, and installing those files has zero effect if they are not
> loaded via include_if_exists or include in postgresql.conf.

Just the other day, I needed this patch yet again but had to go look up
the documentation instead.

I wonder if it would be a good idea to have a postgresql.conf.d
directory that postgresql.conf would include_dir by default.  These
could then live in there and all I would have had to do is uncomment the
values I wanted.

This patch doesn't do that, of course, but I could easily write a patch
that does.  Would that go over better with the -1ers?
--
Vik Fearing                                          +33 6 46 75 15 36