Re: BUG #17288: PSQL bug with COPY command (Windows)

От Dmitry Koval
Тема Re: BUG #17288: PSQL bug with COPY command (Windows)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
 >We can check for redirection without calling
 >GetFileInformationByHandle(), please consider the attached patch.

There are doubts:

1) we always use system function (GetFinalPathNameByHandleA or
GetFileInformationByHandle); sometimes we use these two calls
GetFinalPathNameByHandleA + GetFileInformationByHandle
together (in freopen() case);

2) function GetFinalPathNameByHandleA is slower than
GetFileInformationByHandle (2-4 times).
Might be exist a cheaper way than GetFinalPathNameByHandleA?

I don't understand why this way better than using one call
GetFileInformationByHandle...

With best regards,
Dmitry Koval.