I am now Linux and PostgreSQL user, have a question

От Isiah Thomas
Тема I am now Linux and PostgreSQL user, have a question
Дата
Re: I am now Linux and PostgreSQL user, have a question  (Michelle Murrain <mpm@norwottuck.com>)
Список pgsql-general
I am new user of linux.  and I am interested in Postgresql

recently I download ver7.1 and setup
I do it step by step according some docunment in www.Linuxfab.cx

the docunment I read is in below link

http://linuxfab.cx/indexBookData.php?BID=5&G1=5&G2=2&G3=0&G4=0&PAGEID=1

The problem I got is as below:

P.S.  the super user "postgres" is added by myself

[root@vtl /root]# su - postgres
[postgres@vtl postgres]$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb -D /usr/loca/pgsql/data
This database system will be initialized with username "postgres".
This user will own all the data files and must also own the server process.

Creating directory /usr/loca/pgsql/data
mkdir: cannot create directory `/usr/loca/pgsql/data': No such file or
directory
initdb failed.
Removing temp file /tmp/initdb.11893.
[postgres@vtl postgres]$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb -D
/usr/local/pgsql/data
This database system will be initialized with username "postgres".
This user will own all the data files and must also own the server process.

Fixing permissions on existing directory /usr/local/pgsql/data
Creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/base
Creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/global
Creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_xlog
Creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1
DEBUG:  database system was shut down at 2001-04-25 10:37:03 HKT
DEBUG:  CheckPoint record at (0, 8)
DEBUG:  Redo record at (0, 8); Undo record at (0, 8); Shutdown TRUE
DEBUG:  NextTransactionId: 514; NextOid: 16384
DEBUG:  database system is in production state
Creating global relations in /usr/local/pgsql/data/global
DEBUG:  database system was shut down at 2001-04-25 10:37:10 HKT
DEBUG:  CheckPoint record at (0, 108)
DEBUG:  Redo record at (0, 108); Undo record at (0, 0); Shutdown TRUE
DEBUG:  NextTransactionId: 514; NextOid: 17199
DEBUG:  database system is in production state
Initializing pg_shadow.
Enabling unlimited row width for system tables.
Creating system views.
Setting lastsysoid.
Vacuuming database.
Copying template1 to template0.

Success. You can now start the database server using:

/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
[postgres@vtl postgres]$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -D
/usr/local/pgsql/data
\DEBUG:  database system was shut down at 2001-04-25 10:48:00 HKT
DEBUG:  CheckPoint record at (0, 1522124)
DEBUG:  Redo record at (0, 1522124); Undo record at (0, 0); Shutdown TRUE
DEBUG:  NextTransactionId: 615; NextOid: 18720
DEBUG:  database system is in production state

the process stoped here, not more action. Can anybody tell me what's wrong?