Re: Improve eviction algorithm in ReorderBuffer

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Improve eviction algorithm in ReorderBuffer
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2024-04-10 at 08:30 +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> My #1 choice would be to write a patch to switch the pairing heap,
> performance test that, and revert the binary heap changes.

Sounds good to me. I would expect it to perform better than the extra
hash table, if anything.

It also has the advantage that we don't change the API for binaryheap
in 17.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

Сообщение: Re: Issue with the PRNG used by Postgres
Сообщение: Re: Issue with the PRNG used by Postgres