Re: Emitting JSON to file using COPY TO

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Emitting JSON to file using COPY TO
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-12-03 Su 20:14, Joe Conway wrote:
> (please don't top quote on the Postgres lists)
>
> On 12/3/23 17:38, Davin Shearer wrote:
>> " being quoted as \\" breaks the JSON. It needs to be \".  This has
>> been my whole problem with COPY TO for JSON.
>>
>> Please validate that the output is in proper format with correct
>> quoting for special characters. I use `jq` on the command line to
>> validate and format the output.
>
> I just hooked existing "row-to-json machinery" up to the "COPY TO"
> statement. If the output is wrong (just for for this use case?), that
> would be a missing feature (or possibly a bug?).
>
> Davin -- how did you work around the issue with the way the built in
> functions output JSON?
>
> Andrew -- comments/thoughts?

I meant to mention this when I was making comments yesterday.

The patch should not be using CopyAttributeOutText - it will try to
escape characters such as \, which produces the effect complained of
here, or else we need to change its setup so we have a way to inhibit
that escaping.

cheers

andrew

--