Re: Back-patch is necessary? Re: Don't try fetching future segment ofa TLI.

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Back-patch is necessary? Re: Don't try fetching future segment ofa TLI.
Дата
Re: Back-patch is necessary? Re: Don't try fetching future segment ofa TLI.  (Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2020/05/07 17:57, Amit Kapila wrote:
> On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 12:13 PM Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 2020/05/02 20:40, Amit Kapila wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't see any obvious problem with the changed code but we normally
>>> don't backpatch performance improvements.  I can see that the code
>>> change here appears to be straight forward so it might be fine to
>>> backpatch this.  Have we seen similar reports earlier as well?  AFAIK,
>>> this functionality is for a long time and if people were facing this
>>> on a regular basis then we would have seen such reports multiple
>>> times.  I mean to say if the chances of this hitting are less then we
>>> can even choose not to backpatch this.
>>
>> I found the following two reports. ISTM there are not so many reports...
>> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/16159-f5a34a3a04dc67e0@postgresql.org
>> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/dd6690b0-ec03-6b3c-6fac-c963f91f87a7%40postgrespro.ru
>>

> The first seems to be the same where this bug has been fixed.  It has
> been moved to hackers in email [1].

Yes, that's the original report that leaded to the commit.

>  Am, I missing something?
> Considering it has been encountered by two different people, I think
> it would not be a bad idea to back-patch this.

+1 So I will do the back-patch.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center

От: Andy Fan
Сообщение: Re: Implementing Incremental View Maintenance