Re: Document efficient self-joins / UPDATE LIMIT techniques.

От Joel Jacobson
Тема Re: Document efficient self-joins / UPDATE LIMIT techniques.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 13, 2024, at 10:28, Laurenz Albe wrote:
> On Mon, 2024-02-12 at 12:24 -0500, Corey Huinker wrote:
>> > Do you plan to add it to the commitfest?  If yes, I'd set it "ready for committer".
>>
>> Commitfest entry reanimated.
>
> Truly... you created a revenant in the already closed commitfest.
>
> I closed that again and added a new entry in the open commitfest.
>
> Yours,
> Laurenz Albe

This thread reminded me of the old discussion "LIMIT for UPDATE and DELETE" from 2014 [1].

Back in 2014, it was considered a "fringe feature" by some. It is thought to be more commonplace today?

/Joel

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CADB9FDf-Vh6RnKAMZ4Rrg_YP9p3THdPbji8qe4qkxRuiOwm%3Dmg%40mail.gmail.com