intermittent test failure on Windows

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема intermittent test failure on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bowerbird (Visual Studio 2017 / Windows 10 pro) just had a failure on
the pg_ctl test :
<https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=bowerbird&dt=2019-10-21%2011%3A50%3A21>

There was a similar failure 17 days ago.

I surmise that what's happening here is that the test is trying to read
current_logfiles while the server is writing it, so there's a race
condition.

Perhaps what we need to do is have slurp_file sleep a bit and try again
on Windows if it gets EPERM, or else we need to have the pg_ctl test
wait a bit before calling slurp_file. But we have seen occasional
similar failures on other tests in Windows so a more systemic approach
might be better.

Thoughts?

cheers

andrew